Save the Date: Horses on the Hill
Please mark your calendar and join us in Washington, DC on July 14th to meet with your legislators and show your support for America’s horses and the Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act (H.R. 503/S. 727). The last Horses on the Hill was a huge success, let’s make this one even bigger and better!
As plans unfold for the daylong event you can start right now by signing up to attend. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us if you plan on attending. Feel free to email if you have any questions.
Then follow these steps:
1. Visit AWI’s Compassion Index to find your US Representative and two US Senators. Enter your zip code and hit go.
2. Call their offices and ask to speak with their animal staffer, let them know you are a constituent. Schedule a meeting on July 14th between 10 am and 4 pm. You will be scheduling a total of three meetings (one in US House, two in US Senate). You can ask to meet with your legislator, as well, but meeting with the animal staffer is very beneficial. Questions about calling Capitol Hill? Click here.
3. After you set your meetings, come back to AWI’s Compassion Index and fill out the form with your meeting information. This will help us both coordinate your meetings and follow up after you leave. We will provide specific information (brochures, fact sheets, etc…) that will help in your meetings.
4. Send this email to everyone you know and ask them to join us in Washington, DC on July 14th for America’s horses.
5. Make your travel plans to join us on Capitol Hill. DC is a great summer destination. There are lots of things to do.
If you have any questions please email Blair at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you all on July 14th. Be sure to bookmark http://www.horsesonthehill.org and check back often for updates and new information.