Friday, April 16, 2010

McCullough Peaks Wild Horse Adoption April 15, 2010

Pam Nickoles Photography

 

Tom and I attended the McCullough Peaks Wild Horse Adoption held in Powell, WY last weekend. I wondered how I’d feel about it since I had known some of these horses. Would they go to good homes? Would they be happy? Would the new owners understand just what it meant to care for and earn the trust of one of these remarkable animals taken from its wild home and family? There were many locals there who knew and cared about their wild horses – I was hopeful.
We browsed the pens full of youngsters and a few older horses. It seemed strange to be petting them, but I truly enjoyed the brief interactions.
Me with the little filly that a FOAL member adopted. She was just so sweet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment