Thursday, July 1, 2010

He is in Phoenix....: Not much time left

















Update 7.2.10 from Jude Evans:

Jude Evans Shiloh has found a forever home with Healing Hearts in Willcox - Thank you Betty.
Hi, my name is Shiloh and I am a eleven year old horse who is now on a dude ranch but need a new home very quickly.  They bought me to be a part of their horse string but it just hasn't worked out.  People were really rough and mean to me when I was younger and it has resulted in me not being a very safe horse to ride.  Sometimes I am okay but then for reasons I don't understand I get scared and go crazy and rear up.  The ranch has provided a good home for me this last year and tried to work through it but I just don't fit into their business.  They even had a chiropractor out to work with me as one of my hips goes out sometimes.  I also am what they call a hard keeper - I heard them say that even though I am just eleven that I look like an older horse because of the point on my hips and because I need extra feed.  I can not exist on pasture and hay alone but need another food source such as equine senior.  They have had me for sale for over a year but no one is interested.  The ranch manager says with the economy in Phoenix area that no one wants a pasture pet.  They can't keep me anymore and if no one steps forward soon I am going to be put down in a week or so.  I really am a nice well mannered guy and easy to handle on the ground but should not be somewhere where they expect to ride me.  I have scar tissue on both flanks from where my previous owners spurred me and my tongue was also cut up by something they put in my mouth.  None of that has happened at my current home - they have taken good care of me but they are a business and just can't keep me.  Just cost too much to keep feeding a horse they can't use.  If you know anyone who might have a home for me please call Kelly the ranch manager ASAP at 623-374-0002.  With so little time left please call vs emailing. .

No comments:

Post a Comment