Monday, July 12, 2010

URGENT! Pledge of support needed for Calico's Lightning






_____________________________________

Dear fellow wild horse supporters:
 
I have an urgent petition. 
 
Could you help pledge any sum of support to help make the pulling of the magnificent stallion from the Calico herd area known commonly as Lightning and whom I knew well in the wild, saw captured and later visited in holding. I am trying to raise $4,000. I have a place for him and the party offers food and space and vet but would need to raise 3600 dollars for a cost-of-materials only erection of a solid metal rung horse fence. Contractor will donate labor. Dimensions well be almost 100 foot square.
 
Caretaker is a champion mustang endurance rider with a quarter century experience training, caring for, and riding mustangs. I would also be caring for Lightning and overseeing every detail of his care.  Place has lush grass and plenty of trees for shade in lower mid elevations of Sierra Nevada mountains on west slope, in a sparsely populated area. 
 
Lightning's picture is attached, remembering him as he was wild and free, such a noble spirit. I am told by BLM officials at Palomino that all is in order for my submitted application. Lightning would also have a mustang mare also with him. This is a great opportunity to preserve this living wonder of a wild horse.
 
You may paypal to a paypal address I will provide.  For further information please contact me at 775-267-3484 or cell 775-901-2094, or email me back at this address.  I need to hear from you right away on this as bidding starts this coming Wednesday, the 14th of July, just three days off. 
 
Sincerely,
 
Craig C. Downer.
 
PS. Lightning is currently a Sale Authority Higest Bid horse as he is 15 years of age. He is in excellent condition and was a band leader.  The remainder of the money would go toward the sum necessary to pulling him, i.e. for the competitive internet bid.  I request that you do not post this on FACE book, Twitter, or any other horse or other type of social network.

No comments:

Post a Comment