Sunday, March 25, 2012

Guest Blog: Getting Ready to Go

Straight from the Horse's Heart

Guest blog by Declan Gregg of Children 4 Horses
Children and Letters Travel to D.C. Tomorrow
“Today is Sunday and again, we would like to share with you the clean, fresh thoughts and motives expressed by the youth of America in their quest to save our horses, particularly the thoughts expressed by 9 year old Declan Gregg from New Hampshire.  We have featured Declan’s participation and promotion of EWA‘s “Children’s Letter Writing Campaign” on this blog (click (HERE)) but today we would like to feature Declan’s own blog and the thoughts that he has as we prepare to head to D.C., in the morning, and support Declan and hundreds of American children in their effort to save our American horses, both domestic and wild, from predatory slaughter.” ~ R.T.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Declan Testifying at the New Hampshire Legislature in January ~ photo courtesy of Children 4 Horses
I am very excited to go to Washington DC on Monday!  It feels really good to go because I know that I can help the horses.  I hope the people there listen to me  so they will know what is really going on.  I really, really, really, hope I make a difference!
I have surpassed my goal of collecting 115 letters and now have over 200 letters to bring with me.  I am very confident that the letters will help save America’s horses from slaughter.  Thank you everyone who have written a letter or supported me in any way.
I am definitely looking forward to speaking at the press conference on Tuesday the 27th.  I have been working really hard on my speech and I think it is great and it will change people’s minds about horse slaughter.  I am also very excited to meet people like Congressman Jim Moran (VA), Vicki Tobin (EWA), Jo-Claire Corcoran (EWA) and R.T. Fitch, who are all fellow horse advocates.  I am especially excited to meet R.T. Fitch (author) because he has helped me so much and I really want to meet him and thank him personally for helping me and posting my blog on his blog.  I think it’s cool R.T. is going to be there too, especially since a lot of the people who are standing up for the horses are women.  It will be great to meet another man who is really trying to stop this evil and is also standing up for what he thinks is right.  And thank you to Congressman Moran, another man never willing to back down from the fight.
When I am in Washington DC, I have an appointment with Congressman Guinta.  Congressman Guinta will also be taking me on the House Floor during a vote so I can see how it all works.  That is going to be REALLY cool!  There are a few other people who have asked to meet with me, so we are trying to schedule that now.  I will let you know when I do.
Mark Ericson from WOKQ (in NH) is going to be broadcasting from a sister station and asked to interview me.  Unfortunately, we will have already left DC when he can meet, so we will be talking when I get back form my trip.  I will also be talking with Jean Proulx on WSCA (in NH) and her “PAWsitive Thoughts” show in April.  I will try to get recordings of both to post for you.
I feel really good that I have all my homework done so I can go on my trip and not be stressed out by it.  I even completed the work my teacher sent home that I will be missing, so I am all set.  Now, I can concentrate on my speech and practice it before we go.  I wonder if people would want to hear my speech on the plane… it would be great practice. Maybe I can present it to the Captain.  I think I’ll ask when I get on the plane  :-)
I will try to write from Washington DC, but it may have to wait until I get back because I will be so busy.
Thanks again for all your help and support!!  Love never fails and I will never give up on the horses!!
Click (HERE) to visit Declan’s Blog and to Comment








No comments:

Post a Comment