(The News As We See It) by R.T. Fitch ~President of Wild Horse Freedom Federation
Truth Rang Loud and Clear in D.C. on SundayFrom across the United States and beyond, equine advocates converged on Washington D.C., Sunday Sept. 25th, to proclaim their support for equine protection at the “Unified Stand for Horses“. Representatives from both sides of the Pro-Horse movement were present as Wild Horse and Anti-Slaughter advocates combined their efforts to tell not only the politicians who reside in D.C. but visitors from around the world the need to preserve our national heritage in the last remaining wild horses and the cruelty and danger of slaughtering American horses for human consumption.
The event was sponserd by Animal Resuce Unit (ARU) whose leadership, Brogan Horton and Cinimmon Gully, were on hand to host and encourage as speakers from across the movement shared insights and motivation with the event’s attendees. Likewise groups from across the nation were present to lend their support America’s Wild Horse Advocates (AWHA) from Las Vegas were in attendance as was the Wild Horse Freedom Federation (WHFF) from Houston.
International visitors stopped by to talk and to listen with most departing with a renewed interest in not only the American horse and burros but the undercurrent of disruption and abuse that threatens their very existence.
Sister rallies where held a cross the U.S. in support of the D.C. effort.
- Sister Rallies on the Coast! (thecloudfoundation.wordpress.com)
- BLM’s Alleged Wild Horse Abuse Gathers More Legal Action (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Alleged Inhumane Treatment Prompts Wild Horse Lawsuit (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Federal Court Keeps Watchful Eye on BLM Wild Horse Pilot Conduct (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Wild Horse Advocate Files for Halt to Alleged BLM Wild Horse Helicopter Abuse (rtfitch.wordpress.com)