Sunday, September 20, 2009

For Conquistador

Conquistador smaller
__________________________________________
Please Help Stop The Managed Extinction of Cloud and The Pryor Mountain Horses


_________________________________________
From Ginger Kathryns

Dear Friends of Horses,

Here is something I've put together for Conquistador. Please share it, pray for him, go to www.thecloudfoundation.org and watch the video; it will tell you White House numbers, Michelle Obama, and what more we can do to free these horses. IT IS NOT TOO LATE. We have been
successful before in negotiating horses' release. He is a 19-year-old band stallion. Gelding him at this age would be cruel. He is not a potential good trail horse. He does not belong in a pen, in a stall,
or in a long-term holding lot. He is Conquistador.

"Oh, Conquistador, I'm so sorry," I told him. I could count on one hand the times I've cried so hard. The enormity of what was happening here was staggering. It was early, still cool out, 9:31 a.m. There were just a few people chit-chatting, their voices distinct in the still mountain air; no media, oddly quiet after the hype of the last few days. Just some horses in a trailer... So casual while this noble King of the Forest stood stripped of his life, his ability to defend his family. I hated pointing my camera at him, but I'm telling the world. We are working hard at finding him a home where he can be himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment