Horses have been pouring into the feedlot lately, at 2-3 times the normal rate. Last week over 100 horses were brought in. Two loads have already been shipped to slaughter. We are trying desperately to save as many of the rest as we can. The horses must be paid for by the end of the day Monday, 9/7/09 to be saved.
1. Black & white paint gelding, 15yrs $ 100
2. Palomino filly, 2yrs $ 255
3. Black filly, 2-3yrs $ 280
4. Black filly, 2-3yrs $ 280
5. Bay pony gelding, 6-8yrs $ 285
6. Grey filly, 3yrs $ 310
7. Palomino filly 2-3yrs $ 315
8. Appy gelding 18-20yrs $ 325
9. Bay filly, 2yrs $ 330
10. Black & white paint gelding, 3 yrs $ 405
11. Sorrel QH mare, 20yrs $ 425
12. Chestnut mare, 8yrs $ 440
13. Black mare, 5 yrs $ 450
14. Black & white paint mare, 5yrs $ 485
15. Pinto mare, 8yrs $ 485
16. Dun & white paint mare, 4yrs $ 490
17. Chestnut mare, 5-6yrs $ 490
18. Brown & white paint mare, 5 yrs $ 500
19. Dun mare, 7yrs $ 525
20. Tri-color paint mare, 15 yrs $ 525
21. Black & white paint mare, 5 yrs $ 550
22. Bay TB mare, 10yrs $ 550
23. Black QH mare, 4yrs $ 550
24. Gray mare, 10-12yrs $ 600
25. Bay QH mare, 6-8yrs $ 650
26. Bay TB mare, 10-12yrs $ 650
27. Bay QH mare, 5yrs $ 665
28. Chestnut mare, 8yrs w/foal, 3mo $ 665
Est. transport $ 3,000
We are raising funds to pull them to safety, and simultaneously looking for rescues and/or adoptive homes that are willing/able to take horses into their care.
If you have space in your home/heart for a horse, please send your inquiry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The person handling placement of the horses will get back to you.
If you are unable to adopt, but want to help save these horses, please go to www.paypal.com and send funds to email@example.com.
For updates during this rescue effort, go to http://equineangel-helpinghorses.webs.com
The horses and I thank you for your support!
P.S. With your help, we’ve been able to save over 700 horses from slaughter since 4/06. Please help us save these too!