The horses listed below are currently on a feedlot, and will be headed to slaughter, if not rescued by Wednesday, 9/30/09:
1) sorrel colts, 4-6 mo (3 @ $85/each) $255
2) buckskin welsh cross filly $225
3) black & white paint colt, 3 yrs old $255
4) bay arab mare, 15-17yrs $260
5) grulla gelding $260
6) dun gelding, 2 1/2 yrs $265
7) brown & white paint colt, 2 1/2 yrs $270
8) sorrel arab gelding, 7-8yrs (2 socks) $305
9) sorrel arab gelding, 8yrs (4 socks) $310
10) paint filly, 2yrs $315
11) white TB mare $485
12) brown & white paint mare, 5-7 yrs $500
13) grey gelding $525
14) gray mare, 11yrs $550
15) bay mare, 13 yrs $650
Subtotal (horses) $5430
We are raising funds to pull them to safety, and simultaneously looking for rescues and/or adoptive homes that are willing/able to take horses into their care.
If you have space in your home/heart for a horse, please send your inquiry via email to email@example.com. The person handling placement of the horses will get back to you.
If you are unable to adopt, but want to help save these horses, please go to www.paypal.com and send funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates during this rescue effort, go to http://equineangel-helpinghorses.webs.com
The horses and I thank you for your support!
P.S. With your help, we’ve been able to save over 700 horses from slaughter since 4/06. Please help us save these too!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.