Saturday, September 29, 2012

"I'm praying a lot, miracles happen": Horse rescue reeling after devastating diagnosis - KGUN9.com

KGUN9.com




TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - She's known for never giving up on a horse. Now Judy Glore is facing a fight of her own, the fight to save her life.
That's my biggest fear, that they led this fade out," said Glore. "I don't want this ever to fade out."
Even as she prepares to face the biggest challenge of her life, Glore only worries about her horses.
"They are the reason I get up and come out here and I keep going," Glore said. "I see the fighting they've been through. They've been through way more than me, than a lot of us, and if they they can do it, then I can do it."
The founder of the Heart of Tucson Horse Rescue was diagnosed with lung cancer. A tumor the size of her hand is wrapped around her heart valve.
"It's a little scary I know I might not have a lot of time, I don't know that," Glore said.
She wants to spend every second she has left caring for the horses. 9OYS reporter Marcelino Benito asked Glore if the disease is impacting her ability to work. She replied, "Oh yeah, I can't do as much. I get out of breather real easier and my chest hurts."
She tells KGUN9 caring for the horses is getting harder and harder to do. But her love of horses is contagious, and she's hoping volunteers can lend an extra hand.
"I think if everyone comes together for these guys this dream will be kept alive," she said. "These horses will always be secure."
If the horses have taught Glore anything, it's never to give up. She says that's exactly what she plans to do no matter how bumpy the road ahead. Her insurance covers little to nothing of treatment she will need. Instead of asking the public's help for fund she needs to live on, she wants the public to help the animals.
"I could never ask for that, I'd rather ask for the animals, so that they're taken care of and this dream is kept alive because that's made my life worth everything," said Glore.
She's counting on the horses to lift her spirits, and the horses are counting on her.
"I'm not going to give up, and I'm not going to quit," Glore said. "I'm praying a lot. Miracles happen."
Glore will meet with her doctors next week to determine what, if any course of treatment she'll follow. She also plans to share her experience fighting the disease by writing a blog. If you want to support Glore and/or the horses, go the Heart of Tucson's website. There, you'll find a link to her blog "Judy's Journey" as soon as it's posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment